SharePoint 2010 removed those and gave us a really limited, library relative, crumb trail which has gaps if also long:
What Microsoft giveth, Microsoft takes away. No a lot more crumb trails in 2013! I consider 2013 users are supposed to only “Follow” or look for web sites.
Actually… the Navigate up button continues to be there, but it is been hidden! It is just in between the internet site logo as well as the Prime Link Bar. All you should do is make two rapid alterations to your master web page, along with the crumb trail is back!
In the example beneath I am inside a subsite named Sales Instruction and I’ve drilled down into a library having a bunch of folders looking for the 2014 schedules. In two clicks I can swiftly jump up to a greater level folder, library or web site.
website together with the restored Navigate Up button:
- Open your site in SharePoint Designer 2013.
- In the left panel click Master Pages.
- Click your master page (probably Seattle.Master for a typical Team Site).
- Click Edit File.
- Search for “breadcrumbdropdown”.(If you don’t find it, you may be working with a customized or branded master page.)
Make two edits…
- In the line above change display:none to display:inline
- Two lines down change Visible=”false” to Visible=”true”
- Save the master page, and if prompted, click Yes.
- Return to your site and refresh the page!
Best SharePoint 2013 Hosting
ASPHostPortal.com is Perfect, suitable hosting plan for a starter in SharePoint. ASPHostPortal the leading provider of Windows hosting and affordable SharePoint Hosting. ASPHostPortal proudly working to help grow the backbone of the Internet, the millions of individuals, families, micro-businesses, small business, and fledgling online businesses. ASPHostPortal has ability to support the latest Microsoft and ASP.NET technology, such as: WebMatrix, WebDeploy, Visual Studio 2015, .NET 5/ASP.NET 4.5.2, ASP.NET MVC 6.0/5.2, Silverlight 6 and Visual Studio Lightswitch, ASPHostPortal guarantees the highest quality product, top security, and unshakeable reliability, carefully chose high-quality servers, networking, and infrastructure equipment to ensure the utmost reliability.