Adding search refiners and creating searchable columns with SharePoint On the web can be a small bit diverse then with SharePoint 2013 on premise. In this blog post I’ll clarify how to add search refiners and the best way to make custom columns searchable. You will find 5 significant components we ought to implement
- Create a custom column
- Add some content
- Map a crawled property to a refinable managed property
- Created the alias
- Configure the refiners
- Create your custom column, for example Product.
- Create some content with the custom column.
- Wait for the column to be added as a crawled property, this might take up to 24 hours.
- Open the SharePoint admin center and click on Search.
- Click on Manage Search Schema.
- Depending on the type of column you will need to use different type of preset Managed Properties.
Managed property name Data type for mapping RefinableDate00 – RefinableDate19 Dates. RefinableDecimal00 – RefinableDecimal09 Numbers with max three decimals. RefinableDouble00 – RefinableDouble09 Numbers with more than three decimals. RefinableInt00 – RefinableInt49 Whole numbers. RefinableString00 – RefinableString99 Strings, Person or Group, Managed Metadata, Choice and Yes/No
- Search the related type on Managed Property.
- Click on Edit Map Property in het drop-down menu.
- Add the Crawled property of the custom column, in our example it will be ows_Product.
- Fill in the alias, this will make the column searchable.
- Save the changes.
- Close the SharePoint admin center and open the search center result page.
- Set the page in edit modus and edit the Refinement web part.
- Click on Choose refiners, and add the managed property, in this example RefinableString01
- Change the display name to the custom columns name, otherwise the refiner will be shown as RefinableString01
- Search for some content and enjoy the result!
ASPHostPortal.com is Perfect, suitable hosting plan for a starter in SharePoint. ASPHostPortal the leading provider of Windows hosting and affordable SharePoint Hosting. ASPHostPortal proudly working to help grow the backbone of the Internet, the millions of individuals, families, micro-businesses, small business, and fledgling online businesses. ASPHostPortal has ability to support the latest Microsoft and ASP.NET technology, such as: WebMatrix, WebDeploy, Visual Studio 2015, .NET 5/ASP.NET 4.5.2, ASP.NET MVC 6.0/5.2, Silverlight 6 and Visual Studio Lightswitch, ASPHostPortal guarantees the highest quality product, top security, and unshakeable reliability, carefully chose high-quality servers, networking, and infrastructure equipment to ensure the utmost reliability